Autosorb iQ - Outgassing (monitor) - Status: Available
|Fully automated high-resolution gas sorption analyzer possessing three sample ports (analysis station) and four sample preparation ports (outgassing station). Includes a turbo-molecular drag pump and low-pressure transducers (10 and 1 Torr) for measurement of adsorption behavior at pressures required for low surface area measurements (requires krypton) and to observe the filling of micropores.
One port is available as a chemisorption station, complete with a high-temperature (1100⁰C) furnace coupled with fan-assisted cooling, and a digital temperature controller for precise chemisorption measurements. Includes automated gas switching, in-situ and/or separated sample preparation.
A vapor dosing option is available for both physi - and chemi- sorption analysis and features a 50°C thermostatted manifold chamber. Typical vapors include water, alcohols, and aromatics which can impact material characteristics, shelf life, performance, and stability.
Also, our Autosorb iQ is integrated with a thermal conductivity detector (TCD) & cold trap option and includes electronic loop injection. TCD enables to perform temperature programmed methods TPR (temperature-programed reaction)/ TPD (temperature-programed desorption)/ TPO (temperature-programed oxidation) and pulse chemisorption analyses for use with a wide-range of gases. The included, automatic loop injector allows for easy pulse titration analyses as well as peak calibration activities. Latest Status Log EntryJan 4, 2021 - Resource Status Up - Up from holiday break
- Single-point and Multi-point BET surface area range from ~0.0005 m2/g to no known upper limit.
- Pore size distribution range ~3.5 Å -5000 Å (0.35 nm – 500 nm).
- Able to collect data at relative pressures from 1 x 10-7 when using nitrogen gas at 77K (or argon gas at 87 K).
- Characterization of active surface area, heats of adsorption, percent dispersion and average crystallite size by the static chemisorption method.
- Includes Windows® based ASiQWin™ instrument control, data acquisition, and data reduction software providing all classical surface area and pore size measurement models (BET, t-plot, STSA, BJH, DA, DR, HK, SF, etc.) as well as the most comprehensive DFT library (NLDFT, QSDFT, GCMC).
- Helium (for measuring the void volumen during analysis).
- Nitrogen (for adsorption isotherms).
- Hydrogen (for chemisorption analysis).
- If you would like to use other type of gas for your experiments, please contact us.