S/TEM - FEI Talos F200i - Status: Available
||*ANALYSIS OF RADIOACTIVE SPECIMENS WITH THIS INSTRUMENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED*
*USERS WORKING ON RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS SHOULD REQUEST TRAINING ON THE TECNAI HERE*
The FEI Talos F200i S/TEM is a state-of-the-art field emission gun scanning/transmission electron microscope capable of providing micro- to sub nm-scale structural, morphological, and chemical information.
YouTube video playlist (tutorials, concepts, and fundamentals related to TEM)
YouTube video demonstrating basic conventional (static beam) mode operation of the Talos
YouTube video demonstrating STEM mode operation of the Talos
YouTube video demonstrating spatially-resolved EDS using the Talos in STEM mode
YouTube video demonstrating collection of selected area diffraction patterns using the Ceta camera
Zoom workshop on atomic-resolution STEM (recorded 04/14/21)
YouTube video demonstrating an alternative STEM alignment method
Zoom workshop on S/TEM tips, tricks, and other helpful info (recorded 04/29/22)
1. Please create an RSC user account with a PI-approved funding source.
2. Please complete RSC general safety training.
3. Please complete the S/TEM Prerequisite Training online course through eLearning; submit a training request using the "Training" link at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to be added to the course; this course must be completed regardless of any prior coursework or operational experience related to S/TEM you may have.
Latest Status Log EntryOct 17, 2023 - User Note: Collected updated 200 kV gain references for Ceta camera
- Atomic-resolution HAADF, LAADF, BF, ADF, ABF, DPC, iDPC, and dDPC, STEM imaging
- ~1 nm resolution EDS mapping
- Bright-field, centered dark-field, weak-beam dark-field, and conical dark-field TEM imaging
- High-resolution (lattice) TEM imaging with <0.1 nm information limit
- Selected area and convergent beam electron diffraction
An active Gatorlink login is required to create a new reservation.