Cameca SX Five FE EPMA - Status: Available
||Field Emission Electron Probe Micro Analyzer for Quantitative Analysis and X-Ray Mapping with Sub-Micron Spatial Resolution. The SXFiveFE provides:
- Field emission source and SEM with 6nm resolution @ 25-30keV.
- Automation capabilities for-long term unattended analysis.
- Quantitative analysis at submicron scale.
- High quality minor and trace element analysis.
- Mapping at high spartial resolution.
- High precision WDS spectrometers for high reproducibility.
- Detection limits down to 100ppm (0.01%)
Introduction to Electron Probe Micro analysis
Electron Probe Micro Analysis Wiki
CAMECA SXFive FE
- To request time on the instrument please click here.
Latest Status Log EntryJan 3, 2018 - User Note: Checking beam and vacuum after break. All Ok.
SXFiveFE Main Specifications and Configuration:
- Maximum accelerating voltage: 30kV.
- Beam diameter in analytical mode:
- 80nm @ 20kV, 10nA.
- 100nm @ 10kV, 10nA.
- 150nm @ 5KV, 10nA.
- Maximum beam current: 500nA to 800nA
- Beam Stability: +- 0.5% per hour @ 20kV, 20nA.
- Installed detectors: 4 BSE’s and SE.
- Installed WDS Spectrometers and configurations:
* SP1: Inclined, less sensitive to specimen height, for mapping rough surface samples. Low pressure with LiF, PET, TAP and PC2 crystals installed.
* SP2: Vertical, high pressure for greater sensitivity, with LLiF and LPET crystals.
* SP3: Vertical, low pressure, with TAP and PC0 crystals.
* SP4: Vertical, low pressure, with LPET and TAP crystals.
-Crystals Elemental Coverage
- Available standards:
-44 Metal STD
- Stage: The SXFiveFE is equipped with a high precision stage capable of 0.1um micro steps reproducible within 1um by using optical encoders.
- Available holders and sample size specifications:
* HO6, HOTS2+2, HOTS4
- Sample Preparation