FIB/SEM - FEI Helios NanoLab 600i dual beam - Status: Available
||The FEI Helios NanoLab 600i DualBeam system integrates focused ion and scanning electron beams for FIB and SEM functionality in one instrument.
YouTube video demonstrating what is covered in basic training of the Helios
YouTube video tutorial on use of the Helios to prepare lamellas
Zoom workshop on dual beam FIB/SEM tips, tricks, and other useful info (recorded 11/19/21)
1. Please create an RSC user account with a PI-approved funding source.
2. Please complete RSC general safety training.
3. Please complete the Radiation Safety Short Course AND obtain a dosimeter badge (regardless if you are working with radioactive or non-radioactive materials).
4. Please complete the FIB Knowledge Training course through eLearning; submit a training request using the "Training" link at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to be added to the course; you must complete this course regardless of any prior coursework or operational experience related to SEM or FIB you may have.
Latest Status Log EntrySep 16, 2023 - User Note: The current N2 tank was very low when I left yesterday; it will likely go dry sometime today; there is already another full tank connected to the line; just switch the two black valves on the wall to connect the full tank when necessary.
- High-quality S/TEM lamella preparation via in-situ lift-out method
- High-quality cross-section face preparation
- High-resolution (<1 nm) top-down and cross-sectional SEM imaging
- Nanoscale (<100 nm) to microscale (>1 um) electron and ion beam-assisted milling, patterning, and deposition
- Automated serial sectioning and cross-section face imaging
- Nanoscale (<100 nm) to microscale (>1 um)compositional analysis using EDS
- Nanoscale (<100 nm) to microscale (>1 um) texture and crystallographic analysis using EBSD
An active Gatorlink login is required to create a new reservation.