FIB - FEI Helios NanoLab 600 dual beam FIB/SEM - Status: Down
||The FEI Helios NanoLab 600 DualBeam system integrates focused ion and scanning electron beams for FIB and SEM functionality in one instrument.
Ga liquid metal ion FIB source; Sidewinder FIB column with 2 - 30 kV operating voltage; Schottky field emission gun Elstar SEM column with 0.3 - 30 kV operating voltage; Omniprobe AutoProbe 200 in-situ micromanipulator; in-situ Pt deposition.
1. You must create an RSC user account with a PI-approved funding source.
2. You must complete RSC general safety training.
3. You must complete the Radiation Safety Short Course AND obtain a dosimeter badge (regardless if you are working with radioactive or non-radioactive materials).
4. You must complete the FIB Knowledge Training course through eLearning; submit a training request using the "Training" link at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to be added to the course; you must complete this course regardless of any prior coursework or operational experience related to SEM or FIB you may have.
Latest Status Log EntryMar 23, 2020 - Resource Status Down - Access to RSC facilities suspended until further notice (including NFMCF)
FIB/SEM DualBeam systems provide an expanded range of capabilities not possible with separate FIB and SEM tools:
- Damage-free electron beam high-resolution imaging of FIB cross sections.
- Real-time electron beam imaging during FIB milling.
- High resolution elemental microanalysis of defect cross sections.
- In-situ lift-out TEM specimen preparation.