FIB/SEM - FEI Helios G4 PFIB CXe dual beam - Status: Available
||*ANALYSIS OF RADIOACTIVE SPECIMENS WITH THIS INSTRUMENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED*
The FEI Helios G4 PFIB CXe DualBeam system integrates focused ion and scanning electron beams for FIB and SEM functionality in one instrument.
Zoom workshop on dual beam FIB/SEM tips, tricks, and other useful info (recorded 11/19/21)
EBSD Tutorial using EDAX Velocity EBSD camera and TEAM
PFIB lamella prep tutorial
1. Please create an RSC user account with a PI-approved funding source.
2. Please complete RSC general safety training.
3. Please complete the FIB Knowledge Training course through eLearning; submit a training request using the "Training" link at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to be added to the course; you must complete this course regardless of any prior coursework or operational experience related to SEM or FIB you may have.
Latest Status Log EntrySep 20, 2023 - User Note: Did some test Pt depositions with the I-beam at 12 kV; recommend targeting ~5 pA/um^2 current density; gives a nice, smooth Pt strap
- Ga-free S/TEM lamella preparation via in-situ lift-out method
- Rapid, large scale (>100 um) cross-section face preparation
- High-resolution (<1 nm) top-down and cross-sectional SEM imaging
- Nanoscale (<100 nm) to microscale (>1 um) electron and ion beam-assisted milling, patterning, and deposition
- Automated serial sectioning and cross-section face imaging
- Nanoscale (<100 nm) to microscale (>1 um) compositional analysis using EDS
- Nanoscale (<100 nm) to microscale (>1 um) texture and crystallographic analysis using EBSD
An active Gatorlink login is required to create a new reservation.