S/TEM - FEI Themis Z - Status: Available
||*ANALYSIS OF RADIOACTIVE SPECIMENS WITH THIS INSTRUMENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED*
The FEI Themis Z S/TEM is a state-of-the-art Cs probe-corrected field emission gun scanning/transmission electron microscope capable of providing micro- to pico-scale structural, morphological, magnetic, and chemical information; it is the most advanced electron microscope of any kind within a 500 mi radius of the University of Florida.
YouTube video demonstrating STEM alignment and <80 pm HAADF-STEM imaging using the Themis Z
YouTube video demonstrating atomic-scale and nanoscale STEM-EDS mapping using the Themis Z
Latest Status Log EntrySep 21, 2023 - User Note: ~9:30 am today, found FluCam crashed and would not work after repeatedly closing and reopening; closed all software and stopped/restarted server; HT shutoff as a result and was immediately set back to 200 kV; system (and FluCam) worked normally afterwards
- <100 pm resolution HAADF, LAADF, BF, ADF, ABF, DPC, iDPC, dDPC, and 4D STEM imaging
- Atomic-resolution EDS and EELS mapping
- High-resolution (~0.10 eV) EELS for fine-structure analysis
- Fully automated EDS tomography
- Energy filtered (zero loss, elemental mapping) TEM imaging
- Lorentz TEM and STEM imaging of magnetic domains
- High-resolution (lattice) TEM imaging with <0.1 nm information limit
- Selected area, precession, and convergent beam electron diffraction
An active Gatorlink login is required to create a new reservation.